Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Becoming A Teacher

I am a student at Trinity International University in Deerfield Illinois. I am studying to become a teacher and graduate in the spring of 2008. I just started classes a month ago and am a little overwhelmed. Here is a poem I wrote to get my thoughts down. Enjoy!!

Becoming A Teacher by Melissa Black

I thought my love of kids was all I needed to teach.
To be there for them, love them into their hearts I would reach.

So, I'm taking classes to be on my way.
They are a little overwhelming, that's the least I can say.

I'll have to join a union, maybe strike a time or two
know which laws protect me, so I know them when I'm sued

I don't want to make parents mad or make a student fret
if I do I'll be called into the principal's office I bet.

I have to be conscience of all cultures and race
if not I'm sure I'll be put in my place

I've just scratched the surface, I've only begun
of all the worries I have, all the worrying I've done

So, I stopped, took a breath and began to pray
and this is what the Lord told me today:

"I'm making it clear, this is where you need to be.
I want you to be a teacher, yes indeed.

You'll learn all the rules and all the regulations.
Just take your time with the process and keep working on your patience.

Stop telling yourself you will not succeed.
I'll be with you ever step of the way, you'll see.

Just trust in me, lean not on your own understanding
and in your field you'll be outstanding."

So, I've quit my worrying
put aside my fears

I'm trusting the Lord
to become a teacher in the next 2 years.



3 Comments:

Blogger Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

Good luck! You'll do awesome! Just trust in the Lord and He'll guide you!

~Hilary

8:53 AM  
Blogger AuntRita said...

"so I'll know them when I'm sued." I just about fell off my chair laughing!!!
Rita

4:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As someone, albeit on the other side of the globe, who has just finished their Grad Dip Ed and landed a job in the 2007 Academic year, I wish you all the best of luck!

Remember, if you are working harder than the students, you are doing something wrong!

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home